We train and promote from within
QR Code Link to This Post
Excellent low-cost health benefits
Retirement plan with employer-paid contributions
Paid vacation and 10 holidays
Sierra Pacific Windows has an opening for a qualified Design Engineer to work collaboratively with our newest and largest window and door manufacturing facility, located in Phenix City, AL. This on-site position is highly collaborative, involving working with our teams in production, product development, customer service, and sales.
About The Position
• Engineer designs for window and door systems
• Design, test and analyze new and existing products
• Assist with development and improvement of designs with emphasis on design for manufacturability
• Work with sales, service, and sales teams to evaluate feedback on product performance
• Work with suppliers to evaluate components and materials
• Assist with testing and certification of products
• Provide and assist in maintaining accurate product documentation
• Work in a team environment involving production, customer service, sales and others
• Some travel will be expected
• Engineering degree preferred (mechanical, manufacturing or related)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in window and door design
• Familiarity with window and door performance and installation
• Understanding of fenestration manufacturing methods
• Strong organizational, project management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Proficiency with SolidWorks and AutoCAD
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it's a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan (including medical, dental, and vision) with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company-paid Life Insurance. Every year since 1979, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided an average of $500,000 in scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
11605 Reading Road
Red Bluff, CA 96080
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi.careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is from $65,000 to $115,000 per year, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.
About Our Company
Sierra Pacific Industries started in 1949 and has grown to be one of the largest lumber and millwork producers in the U.S., employing more than 6,000 crew members. Sierra Pacific continues to be a company where its employees are proud to work at state-of-the-art facilities and others strive to become part of the team.
We are a third generation family-owned company based in Northern California. Sierra Pacific owns and sustainably manages more than 2.4 million acres of timberland in California and Washington. We are growing forests for our future, planting over 6 million new trees every year. Our forests are managed under a 100-year plan by Registered Professional Foresters, Wildlife Biologists, Botanists, and other professionals.
Sierra Pacific effectively uses nearly 100% of every piece of wood we bring to our facilities. In fact, any small amount that isn't turned into hand-crafted doors and windows, millwork, lumber, or landscaping material is actually converted into electricity in our seven biomass-fueled power plants.
We are proud that all Sierra Pacific facilities follow our drug-free and tobacco-free policies. As part of our safety in the workplace policy, an offer of employment is subject to a negative drug screen result. We use E-verify to verify the social security number and work authorization of all newly hired employees. Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.